Tuesday 12 April 2011

Green Lantern on Looking Green


New footage of the Lantern has arrived online courtesy of the Daily Blam!  These 3 pictures show Hal Jordon (Ryan Reynolds) posing in the full Green Lantern getup.  The pictures show The Lantern being very swivelly with his very lighty ring.  Have a look at them below.




One the one hand they look pretty spiffing!  You can tell that they look good, I particulary am enjoying how they’ve embraced the rings power in the posters.  They've paid alot of attention to detail in the suit, keep in mind it is entirely CGI.   

On the other hand however, they look incredibly photoshopped.  If I didn’t know Ryan Reynolds was an actual person I would just think this is a cartoon.  The costume looks a rubbery (albeit shiney) and it isn’t really following along with the rest of the hero movies.  Don’t these guys know? Realisms cool!

Although, it is about a race of space cop aliens with magic powers from lanterns so maybe they are embracing some cheesy elements?  I don’t think so.  I think they’ve gone with these pictures because they’re polished and look cool.

Verdict- It’s either too much or too little photoshop.  Still excited for the movie though! Not long now kids! Get your home made green masks at the ready*.

*Mine’s made from a bin liner and green paint my nephew left at my house.  Because I’m cool. 

Ben Doran

No comments:

Post a Comment