Thursday 14 April 2011

Schwarzenegger is back for T5


 Source: the Omelete
Director Justin Lin has said he wants to do the next Terminator instalment with Arny and it looks like he’s in.  That’s right, they just won’t let the Termintor series go gracefully, and Schwarzenegger doesn’t seem to want to go gracefully either.

He has said that now that he is out of office (ex Governor of California don’t ya know?) he wants to go back to all the classics that he made classics in the eighties. Whether or not he wants to make remakes is a bit ambiguous.  Personally, it would be a bit silly if we saw an ageing Arny in Predator.  Although, saying that, I just gave myself goosebumps.  The films he’s said he’s interested in redoing are the Terminator, the Running Man, and the Predator.

The quote he gave to the Omelete is below:

I feel I have a take that I would love to see, and I’ve talked with Arnold and we’ve talked and we’ll see. Again, I would love to do it, but it has to be the right circumstances. It has to be the right people. And there’s other projects too. But I’m in a position now that I can choose more than I could a year ago, two years ago. So that is something that is potentially in my future, but when I get home I will sit down and look at my options and choose what I want to do.

A lot of you out there will likely be whining that these don’t need to be done again, they’re classics and they should be left be and not made in to cheese.  Well, they were cheese, they weren’t classics.  So maybe a revisit might be pretty interesting.  

Either way there’s no way the Terminator series can really get any worse is there?  Justin Lin has his reputation with the greats for creating brilliant action sequences too so he may be our man.  

On another note.  I would highly suggest they do what a lot of movies are doing now and reboot Terminator from scratch.  Forget all the story gone so far just start from the beginning.  Most importantly, let’s remember what happens when reboots don’t happen- Terminator 3 and Salvation.   If you can have that taste in your mouth without vomiting you’re a better person than I.

Ben Doran

No comments:

Post a Comment